Paid Internship Program at the media platform civil.ge
United Nations Association of Georgia (UNA Georgia) is a local nonprofit that has worked since 1995 to encourage, support and safeguard the democratic aspirations of the people of Georgia. UNAG works to protect human rights, promote freedom of speech, advance good governance, and stimulate meaningful national discussions by encouraging citizen participation in the processes and decisions that affect their lives.
Paid Internship Program at UNAG
The UNAG Paid Internship Program aims to recruit enthusiastic students from higher education institutions in Georgia who are in the advanced phase of their university degree studies. Participants will work on the organization's various projects. While interns are expected to contribute meaningfully to the organization's work, the program also focuses on developing interns' diverse working skills to enhance their future employability. In addition to a line manager's guidance, an intern will receive regular mentorship from the program's coordinator.
Position: Internship at the media platform civil.ge (Multiple Positions Available)
- Content Creation: Writing news - developing engaging, accurate, and audience-appropriate content.
- Social Media Management: Regularly updating and managing the media outlet's social media profiles.
- Research and Fact-Checking: Conducting research for story development and fact-checking information to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the news content.
- Monitoring Trends: Keeping track of trending topics and news stories,
- Multimedia Production: Assisting in creating and editing multimedia content such as images and infographics, that can be used on various social media platforms.
- Collaboration and Communication: Working closely with other team members, such as writers and editors.
- Sourcing Information: Contacting and interviewing sources to gather information for stories. This may involve reaching out to experts, eyewitnesses, or public figures.
- Administrative Support: Perform general clerical tasks (e.g., photocopying, mailing) and maintain organizational systems for hard copy and electronic files.
- Educational Background: Pursuing or having completed a degree in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- Writing Skills: Ability to write clearly and concisely; proficiency in grammar, punctuation, and style, as well as the ability to adapt writing for different audiences and platforms.
- Social Media Skills: Familiarity with various social media platforms (like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and understanding how to use them effectively for news dissemination.
- Research Skills: Ability to conduct research, fact-check, and source information accurately.
- Multimedia Skills: Competence in basic multimedia tools for creating and editing images.
- Time Management and Multitasking: Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, often under tight deadlines.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills for effective collaboration with team members.
Internship Duration: 6 Months
Workload: Interns are anticipated to commit 20-30 hours per week to the organization's work. The internship program offers flexibility and will be adapted to the interns' university schedules.
Application Process: Interested candidates must submit the attached application form to email@example.com no later than January 22, 2024. Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview and written assessment.
Click the button at the beginning of the PDF news to download the application.
Applicants must indicate the position title they are applying for in the subject line of their email.